Dr. Erika Johnston
Erika Johnston-MacAnanny, M.D., FACOG completed her undergraduate degree at Cornell University. She earned her medical degree at State University of New York in Syracuse and continued on to Thomas Jefferson University where she completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a 3 year fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) at the University of Connecticut Health Center.
Upon completing her fellowship, Dr. Johnston became an Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Section on Reproductive Medicine at Wake Forest School of Medicine in North Carolina, with her most recent role as Medical Director, Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Wake Forest School of Medicine. Dr. Johnston is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
She has participated actively in continuing medical education including writing task forces for American College of Physicians (MKSAP) and American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology Prolog. She was selected to co-chair the Reproductive Medicine ACOG Prolog revision for 2018. She presently serves as the President of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Women’s Council and has participated in American Board of OBGYN (ABOG) exam question writing for the subspecialty board exam. She teaches advanced operative hysteroscopy techniques nationally to gynecologists and reproductive endocrinologists.
During her fellowship and time as faculty at Wake Forest University, she received national research and teaching awards and has published research on multiple fertility topics including in vitro fertilization, endometriosis and recurrent implantation failure. Dr. Johnston joined SGF in 2018 in their Richmond, VA location.
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship: Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, The University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
Awards & Recognition
- Best Doctors in America, 2015-2018
- Castle Connolly Best Doctors 2016-present
- Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Faculty Teaching Award, 2015
- Resident of the Year, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2006
- Outstanding Resident Research Award, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2006
- Outstanding Laparoscopic Surgeon Award, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2006
- S. Leon Israel First Place Resident Research Award, Philadelphia Obstetrics Society, 2006
- Outstanding Resident Teacher Awards, 2002-2006
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Society of Reproductive Surgeons
- North Carolina Obstetrical and Gynecological Society
Dr. Johnston-MacAnanny is available for new patient appointments at Shady Grove Fertility’s Henrico Doctors’ Hospital office in Richmond, VA. To schedule a new patient appointment, please call 1-888-761-1967 or schedule online.