The physicians at Virginia Fertility Associates work closely with Keith Bell, LAC, a nationally recognized holistic health expert and licensed acupuncturist with a specialty in holistic fertility enhancement. Together, we create comprehensive treatment plans that utilize the best of Eastern and Western medicine to improve your fertility experience.
We understand that infertility is stressful and involves a challenging journey. Often the causes are complex and difficult. Our goal is to help you have and sustain a healthy pregnancy and birth.
RichmondMag article tilted, ‘West Meets East’ featuring Dr. Anish Shah
Keith will work with you one on one to deliver care tailored for your unique reproductive challenges. We may have the latest, greatest state-of-the-art tools, and exemplary skills and experience but we need an expert like Keith to provide you with the personalized attention you need to optimize your journey. This plan may include acupuncture, health coaching, herbal medicine and dietary therapy.
- Studies show that Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine (TCM) may improve pregnancy rates.
- Acupuncture has been shown to improve blood flow to the uterus.
- Acupuncture can reduce the symptoms of depression during pregnancy.
- Studies show that acupuncture has a positive effect on the duration of labor.
- TCM has been shown to reduce the stress of infertility and infertility treatments.
- Chinese herbs can restore and balance your health.
- Acupuncture can balance your hormones.
- Chinese herbal medicine may help alleviate endometriosis-related pain and infertilely.
Infertility can lead couples to isolation and distress related to being unable to have a child. A woman’s sense of identity, expectations about their life as a parent and their perceived value in society are all challenged. This can lead to feelings of failure, guilt and shame. TCM addresses support needs in infertility and is not routinely available in the western model of care. Holistic approaches to infertility management can increase a woman’s sense of control and personal agency – the ability to take action, be effective, be resilient, maintain stability, assume responsibility, and believe in your capacity to influence your thoughts and behavior.
In partnership with Keith Bell, Richmond Center for Fertility offers you fully integrated, holistic healthcare. Our mission is to integrate the best of Eastern and Western medicine to achieve your dreams.